Things You Need To Bring When You Going CampingOctober 11, 2016
How to Make Apple Burrito – Apple Pie TacosOctober 15, 2016
Hey guys! Today I’m going to show you how to make Spanish Bread.
Why they call it Spanish bread? Honestly I don’t know why this bread called “Spanish bread” maybe it’s similar to some types of bread in Spain? I’m not sure about it, if you guys have any idea or know the answer please let me know because I tried to find some answers online but I couldn’t find it. Anyway, back home in the Philippines Spanish bread is very popular and it is perfect match with coffee. There’s more kinds of staple bread back home like ensaymada, pan de coco, cheese bread and much more! My husband love this Spanish bread and that is why I made it yesterday! Alright let’s get started with the recipe. Here’s all you need to make this soft and yummy Spanish bread!
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pack active dry yeast ( 8 grams or 2 1/4 tsps. )
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 fresh egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
P.S – some people use margarine instead of butter, you can use it if you like.
- First, preheat you oven to 340 degrees F.
- Mix yeast, teaspoon of sugar and warm water together in a small bowl for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients all together – flour, salt, sugar.
- Add milk, egg, melted butter, and the yeast mixture into the dry ingredients and mix it all together until it can be formed into a dough.
- Lightly floured a clean surface and knead it for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth. Place it in a greased bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap. Set aside in warm place until it doubled the size. Microwave is a good place for it.
Start making the filling,
- In a small bowl mix the butter and sugar together until it becomes smooth.
- In another bowl or plate place the breadcrumbs for dredging.
- After an hour, place the dough back into the floured surface and knead it for another 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16-19 pieces. Start flattening the small dough and filled it with the butter and sugar mixture. Dredge it in the breadcrumbs.
- Place them on a greased baking pan. Set it aside for another 30-45 minutes until doubled the size.
- Bake the roll at least 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy! This is perfect with hot coffee!
Let me know how yours turned out! I hope you guys like this episode and share it with your friends.
Keep in touch! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Please follow and like us: