How to Make Spanish BreadOctober 13, 2016
How to Make Turon (Fried Plantain)October 21, 2016
Hey guys here you go! Today I am going to show you how to make apple burrito (apple pie tacos).
Actually the original name for this is apple pie tacos and I got this recipe from a friend of mine in California. I tweak mine a little bit and rolled them like a burrito! I love this recipe and I am sure you will love it too. So let’s get started and here’s what you need.
- 4 apple peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 small flour tortillas
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (for dredging)
- In a sauce pan, add apple, sugar, vanilla extract, and butter together.
- Stir until well blended and cook until the apples are semi soft.
- Combine water and cornstarch together and add it to the apples mixtures. Stir it well until thickened.
- Set aside and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place the tortilla in a flat surface and add 2 tbsp of the apple filling, rolled, cut it in half, then fry them until they turn brown.
- Dredge them in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Top it with vanilla ice cream.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tip: I strain my apple filling and save the sauce for topping! And it’s worth it! 🙂
I hope you guys like this recipe like my husband and I. Don’t forget to share it with your friends!
Keep in touch! 🙂 🙂 🙂