7 Places You Must See in ThailandOctober 2, 2016
Things You Need To Bring When You Going CampingOctober 11, 2016
Today I am going to show you how to make homemade applesauce.
Do you guys like to make homemade applesauce? It’s a lot of work peeling and removing the core of the apples but it’s worth it when you are done. It’s very delicious and perfect with pork chops.
Apple season is here, last week we went to go apple picking and it was a lot of fun as always! We pick a lot so I can make an applesauce and of course apple pie! It’s been a long time since I made it I think the last time is when I was working at the country club. But anyway here you go!
You are going to need:
- 15 Apples Peeled, Cored (I used red delicious and cortland)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon (Yes I love it!)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Optional: nutmeg, all spice
- 5 ball jars
- Combined all the ingredients in a large pot and cook for about 30 minutes or until the apples are soft. Stirring it occasionally so it won’t stick at the bottom of the pot.
- Once it’s done, used a food processor to puree it but in my case my food processor is not big enough to puree it so I used my blender and it works well. Do this until it’s smooth.
- Make sure you do this batch because you don’t want to splash yourself with the hot sauce!
- Store it in the fridge or if you want to freeze the rest it all up to you!
It’s perfect for pancakes or even on top of your vanilla ice cream! Yummy!
If you like this recipe let me know what you think. And son’t forget to share it with your friends!
Keep in touch! 😉 🙂
I didn’t fill it up high because I’m going to give it away with my friends!