New Series: Road to Nationals- Episode 5December 8, 2015
Manila American Cemetery and MemorialJune 2, 2016
Hey guys! I know it's been a long time since the last time I write again. I am committed this time that I will be writing again. I honestly regret that I stopping writing. Writing helps me to become clear on my thoughts, help me to experiment new thing and share it with you guys and especially when it comes to cooking I like to experiment new recipe. And today I am going to show you how to make Acorn Squash Stuff with Apples & Sausages. This recipe it's very easy to make and very yummy! I want to point out that you guys can use sage on this recipe but I personally don't like sage it's too strong for me. But if you like sage and reminding you of Christmas lol go for it! :-). I made this recipe few months ago when my best friend Dino is still with us. He is in heaven now and watching over us and he will always be here in my heart and I know that we is happy seeing me cook again! But anyway, let's get started. Here's what you guys need:
- 2 acorn squash, cut in halves and seeded
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 macintosh apple, cut them in cubes
- 1 red delicious apple, cut them in cubes
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut in cutes
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Pam spray
- Preheat your oven to 400˚ F. In a large roasting pan place your acorn squash and spray it with Pam spray and season them with salt and pepper. Bake them for 45 mins or until they're cook.
- Meanwhile, fry the Italian sausage until fully cook then add in the butter, sautè garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add the apples, celery, and mushrooms cook it for about 15-20 minutes or until everything's soft and cook.
- Next, add in some breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and season it with salt & pepper.
- Once the acorn squash are fully cook now we are ready to stuff them! Stuff all four and sprinkle more parmesan on top and put them back for about 10 mins. And they're ready to serve!
This recipe is very quick and easy. If you guys like sage you can add it when you cook the stuffing. I personally don't like sage so I omit it.
Let me know what you guys think! Enjoy!
With my buddy in the back ground!