Pinakbet is another Filipino dish. Actually, it is a popular Ilocano dish (people from Northern Luzon like my father) made with mixed vegetables and anchovy. But some people don't like anchovy and they use shrimp paste. And if you don't like shrimp paste either, don't worry you can use fish sauce! Today, I'm going to show you my own version. And here's what you need for this dish!
1. In a large pan, cook pork until lightly crisp and set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute garlic, tomato and onion and put the fried pork. Then add water and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add anchovy/ shrimp paste and give it a little stir.
4. Add the squash and bittermelon and let it simmer for 5 minutes until it is tender. Then add all the remaining vegetables and season it with salt and pepper.
5. Let it cook for 5 more minutes then it is ready to serve!
6. Served with steamed rice and some fried pork or fish! Enjoy!