Today I'm going to show you how to make Chicken Adobo. This is a national dish in the Philippines. You can use chicken or pork. But today, I used chicken. I simmered it in the adobo mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, onion, bay leaves and black pepper. Lets get started and here's the exact measurements.
1. In a big saucepan, put the chicken, half of the garlic, half of onion, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper together. Then cover it and let it boil until the chicken is tender.
2. Set aside the chicken. Then get a wok. Heat the oil and add the remaining garlic and onion. Saute until its golden brown and then put the chicken in and mix it together.
3. Then put all the sauce into the chicken mixture and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Serve while it's hot with steamed rice!
Adobo cooking Tips: • You have the options to add crushed ginger and chillies. When you saute the onion and garlic, then put ginger and chillies together. It gives a unique flavor to the gravy!
• Some people add water, but I don't because I like the thick gravy! But if you want, you can add as well.